Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 2004 15:02:33 -0700
My little Pixie a 2.5 year old 660 gram ferret has broken her canine
(fang) tooth.  She broke the tip of it off.  It still comes down far
enough to touch her bottom lip.  Since she broke the tooth I notice that
she grinds her teeth.  She doesn't grind her teeth while eating she
grinds her teeth when I pick her up and look at her, not touching the
tooth mind you.  It is the weirdest thing.

Do you think her tooth is causing her pain?  Seems to me she would grind
her teeth while eating if she was in pain.  She hasn't lost any weight
but it has only been a few days.  I am watching her carefully.  Can the
vet do anything for her?  I don't know, cap her tooth or something.  I
would hate to suggest to have it removed.  It isn't discolored.  Her lip
below is fine.  Breath is okay.  Just this new teeth grinding that has me
a bit worried.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give,
Mary JO