From:
Pat Ball <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 1995 07:46:11 -0400
I had carpenter ants in the house about 2 years ago and one of my fuzzies
loved to chase them and catch them.  It didn't appear to do any harm to
him until the carpenter ant caught him.  We could not pry it loose from
Pharoah's tongue.  They have very strong pincher's.  We ended up with
nothing left on his tongue but the pinchers.  Poor Pharoah was going
ballistic on us.  Since then we don't let our guys catch carpenter ants.
It was, on the suface, funny to watch, but I know our fuzzy didn't think
it was too funny.