From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 May 2004 22:21:05 -0400
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/readmessage.cfm?
gid=1423922&messageid=8892&startid=8901

I do not recommend the feline w/d for 2 reasons.  It is too high in
fiber, so the ferret will not digest as much of the food as it needs.
Plus it is too low in fat.

Hill's feline can m/d would probably be a better choice (high protein,
high fat, low carbs, and moderate fiber that is more than ferret or
kitten food).  Plus it has pork based protein to help change the
antigens from the protein source.

Hill's feline can i/d would also be a good choice.  It has turkey for its
protein source.

Hill's can feline z/d would be another good choice.

Another option is the Eukanuba can feline LB response.  It has lamb and
barley as its main ingredients.

Of course Gerber's baby food turkey, beef, veal, or ham are more options.

Sorry I do not use the IVD diets, so I do not know how well they do or
don't work.

Hope that helps,
Jerry Murray, DVM