From:
Cam and Trijntje <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:44:05 -0400
Hello to all.

You may remember that we received 2 more fuzzies last week.  They are
adorable and getting along just fine.  i.e. not together with the rest of
our gang, but in our place, and with us.  We have them separate for now
until they get more used to things.  Then we may think about integrating
some of them.  Ideally, we would like Zizu and Lulu to be with Shanook.
I said ideally but if it doesnt' work, that's ok too.  This is a long
story I won't get into right now.

In your collective experiences, how long has it taken for the new ones to
stop marking their territory?  It isn't the "old ones" that are doing it,
the new ones are.  I certainly don't mind and it is to be expected but I
am just curious to know your experiences.

Before Zizu and Lulu came, we knew that Zizu was deaf.  We have had
several that have been deaf so that didn't cause us to be apprehensive.
We just accepted it as fact.  Again, in your experience, do deaf ferrets
dook up a storm?  The first time I heard him, I was a little skeptical,
thinking, how can a deaf ferret know to dook.  I don't think any of our
other deaf ones did.  Soooo I did some hearing tests on him and sure
enough, it seems like he doesn't hear.  I took a large squeaky toy and
practically squeaked it in his ear (everyone was sleeping).  Everyone
else was wide awake but Zizu was still sound asleep.  It does appear he
is deaf but I couldn't explain the dooking.  What is your opinion?

Thanks for your input.

Take care.
Trijntje Miller