From:
David Brokaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 21:47:25 -0400
>From:    "D.M. Vickery" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Delurking and Hopeing for some help
>... When I try to introduce Pat to any of the other ferrets they go right
>after him and the fur and other stuff flies.  I have tried some of the
>ways that I know to get them assimilated but nothing

This is very normal.  The kids have to set up some house rules with this
new comer.  The big thing is to see who will be the big boss, Alpha male or
Alpha female, the big cheese, or the first to get treats.  You see what I
mean.  It will take about two days, and after the screaming and wet necks
and puff battles, the whole tribe will be friends.  The leader of the tribe
may or may not have changed, but as long as everyone knows who it is, all
is well.

One other thing, check for battle wounds and treat accordingly.  And if the
odds are 5 to 1, take away 4.

Sincerely,
David B. Brokaw
Sweety, Nutcha, Farley, Tealy, Becka, Koti and Baby