From:
Joan Scheer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 2013 06:49:05 -0500
Greetings, and I hope everyone enjoyed their blessings however great
or small.

As a shelter op of humble means, I cannot always step up to rescues as
I would wish; the craigslist ads sent my way, the locals whom I have
to divert to shelters further afield- I often wonder if those little
souls ever make it to those I network with. The word of mouth tales
of neglect and abuse- these all make my spine crawl.

The every day needs,and costs of maintaining (for me)a dozen or so
ferrets of older years and medical conditions, can be huge in the blink
of an eye, and while we all strive to maintain a financial buffer
against such occurrences, it can be one huge circus of juggling funds,
even for the best managed of shelters.

We do this of love, to serve our fellow creatures, and the community
in some capacity that ensures the best we can do for our charges.

I want to offer my humble "Thanks" to those who came before me that
paved the roads, and mentored so many of us.

May Gods love and strength find you all, and may this coming year have
kindness alight wherever you are.