From:
Judith Emery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 1996 09:00:19 -0400
Sergio,

I don't know if this is what you mean i.e. clothes for ferrets.  But last
winter, I was having trouble finding a little coat to put on Chloe when we
went out for walks.  (Chloe likes a little fresh air but winter can be cold
and she's getting up there.  I'm always worried she'll get a chil).  I
either visited or called most of the pet stores in Toronto looking for a
little coat and couldn't find anything small enough.

Then, one day, I was looking at an old pair of wool socks and realized that
they were about Chloe's size.  So, I cut off the toe, and this part became
the bottom of the sweater and trimmed the sock about an inch above the heel,
which became the neck of the sweater.  Then, I cut out the heel portion of
the sock and this became the armholes.  Because it's wool, the sock keeps
her chest nice and warm and, tucked in my coat or in her snoozer-cruiser,
she's as cozy as a pig in s---!  When my union went out on strike for five
weeks in February and March, Chloe came down to the picket line for a day
and seemed quite happy to be there.

Also, I put the sweater under her harness--the harness helps keep it on.
Judith