From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 21:44:42 -0500
I am a new subscriber to the ferret lists.  Living in an area where ferrets
are "not welcome" there is not an abundance of information to be had on my
babies.  Also, I am the only one of my friends or acquaintances who likes
them As we speak, Freckles and Princess are frolicking happily in my living
room.  There are a few things I would like to say.  First, I never knew what
were "safe" treats for my babies.  The woman who gave me Princess knew
little about Ferrets, her brother brought the critter home and I was the
only one she knew that would really be dedicated and loving.  This was the
only consolation for her brother who was attached to the little girl.

Anyway, she told ne that she fed the critter raisins, and the baby loved
them.  I never gave them ANYTHING but ferret/kitten food.  After reading a
few issues of the FML I decided to get some raisins.  I thought since they
might be considered a treat, I might use them as a bonding technique.  Well,
sadly enough they were completely uninterested.  They were more interested
in my hands.  So as they romp, the raisins sit on the floor ignored.

I would like to share with you a wonderful toy I discovered the other day.
Princess is a lithe little thing, she can climb and scale anything.  Even
with her mite size, she can hop right up on my futon where Freckles, who is
three times her side has to sit there looking pathetic and beg like a dog
would, til I pick up my little bad boy.  He has a thing for plastic bags,
and of course his little woman, whom he loves intensely.  But the other day,
he managed to get his portly body into an empty box, a paper carton.  On a
whim, I flipped it over on him, at which he explored the living room thru
the box.  Princess was interested in what the commotion was about, and
proceeded to switch places with him.  They did the box scamper and exchange
for quite some time, it was adorable.

Gotta go now, as Princess haas found her way on top of my laser printer, but
one question for the road.  At the risk of sounding stupid, as I have said
before, I am just not exposed to ferretisms in this FFZ, so can someone
please explain what "dooking" means?  I think I may have an idea, but.....
[ESA]