From:
John & Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 12:49:21 -0600
>I wonder if anyone else has any thoughts on this.  Is it just
>coincidence?  Is my experience unique?  Or is it universal that the love
>of ferrets brings out a love for all kinds of animals?  Is there no
>connection at all?  I wonder.

I don't think your observations are coincidental.  But I don't think that
it is directly because of the ferrets, either.  Rather, I think that it
is because overall, ferrets attract a certain type of people.  Face it -
ferrets *are* a "high maintenance" pet.  In general, cats, dogs, hamsters,
etc., aren't.  Now there will always be people who say "oh how cute",
and buy them on impulse (and often don't keep them), but the people who
stick with it and love ferrets probably already have to be the type of
people who have a great love to offer to animals; who can see past the
mischief-making to the love that animals give in return, and continue to
give the love that these animals deserve to get.  I also don't think that
all of these type of people are necessarily aware of this in them, but
when that first animal, whether ferret, or whatever, gets ahold of their
heart, they find this love towards animals starting to flow.  Ok, enough
philosophy:)

Just my theory.
Shannon
Sterling, Pandora, & Jasmin