From:
Marsha Stanek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 13:46:47 -0500
I would like to add my two cents to Lisette's call for helping the
shelters.  For the last year I have offered free labels to people wanting
to donate as little as a dollar each to our shelters.  The last time I
offered them, I did not receive a single request.  I would like to think
that this is because people have taken the SOS (Save Our Shelters) list and
edited it themselves.  My offer still stands - and I urge people to help
out the ferret shelters.  The shelter operators work very hard to ensure
that homeless and ill ferrets are taken care of and loved.  Providing a
home and medical care is very expensive - so please help out.  I really
like the idea first expressed by Troy Lynne that if we all sent $1.00 to
each shelter, that would be over $3000 per shelter.  $3000 would provide
for many adrenal surgeries, many vaccinations, not to mention the basic
food and lodging expenses.  Thanks for your help.  (I am not a shelter,
but do volunteer for the Ferret Nook in Madison, WI)