Date:
Sun, 23 May 1999 22:15:50 -0500
Brief and obtuse wild-ferret mention: on a re-run of "Mystery Science
Theatre 3000", one character (Crow, for those of you who watch the show)
was using a "vermin vac" to vacuum up prarie dogs that had infested the
ship ... Crow then said when they caught the prarie dogs with the vacuum,
they could either set them free, or chop them up and feed the black-footed
ferret population.  Like I said, it's obtuse, but it's a mention. :-)  MST
is known for irrevent references.

And someone mentioned the other day that their ferret loved wine.  Dervish
will go near any glass that has liquid in it, and was trying to get to my
mother's wine glass one day.  My mother decided to humor her; Mom dipped
the tip of her finger in the wine and offered it to Dervish, saying, "Oh,
she won't like it." Of course, Dervish lapped it right off her finger!  Now
we have to guard wine glasses carefully to avoid ending up with a tipsy
ferret!  ("Tipsy" is also the name of our youngest---and fattest---cat.)

Of course, upscale salons offer you wine or other drinks when you're
getting your hair done ... I think Dervish is road-testing the latest
white wines for her ferret salon.  I still have no explanation for all
the philosophy texts of mine that are vanishing beneath the bed.

-(TX) Meghan and Dervish the WonderFerret ("Arbor Mist?!  You expect me to
  serve THAT to my customers?!")