From:
Debi & David Christy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 01:26:03 -0500
For The fuzzy escape artists living in Superpet cages, you can use leash
clips to secure the door.  We have one industrious fuzzy that requires 3
leash clips on the door (one on each side & one at the top) to keep him in.
Once he has adjusted to the shelter, he'll be transferred to another cage.

And yes, yesterday's posters are correct about the number of ferrets being
a factor.  But it's really more a matter of the number of cages.  Other
types are simply quicker as far as daily maintenance goes.  With only one
cage, the extra 5 minutes or so probably is not a big deal, for a dedicated
ferret owner.  You should realize, though, that the ferrets we get very
rarely have dedicated owners, and the dirty cage and having to disassemble
it to clean it was just one more "inconvenience" piled on top of a lot of
others.

We don't "clean" cages.  We take it outside & hose it down, disinfect it,
let it dry & carry it back in... Total of 2 minutes spent with hands on
cleaning, even if we have to take a brush to the stubborn spots.

Debi Christy
Ferrets First Foster Home