From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 08:01:46 -0500
Condolences to those with lost, sick, or angeled linebackers...

(Come on, gang!  Let's tackle this guy!  Everyone jump on!  [But
Sundance... we're all on his leg and he isn't even slowing down!]
That's OK, we'll pretend he's Jerome Bettis!)

Caitlyn Bergeron <[log in to unmask]> mumbled something about:
>...and the fact that the ferret runs into things with its head (also not
>funny),

Actually, like most movie directors/screen writers, they really don't
know how things really are, with the icons they put in their movies.
Everyone here on the list who's ever seen a blind ferret (the ferret in
this movie is supposed to be blind), knows that they get around just
fine, using their nose.  If they don't know just where they are, they
will go slower until they've developed a "path" that they can remember.

Another stupidity in this movie, is the girl taking the ferret out for a
walk in the city, KNOWING that he is blind.  How dumb is that?  Its not
like she's brunette or anything...oh...wait.  (That was a ferret joke!)
To make matters worse, she walks at an impossible speed for the ferret,
seeming to not even be aware that the ferret is there!

If you take a disabled person out in public, you take care to be sure
they know where thing are so they don't fall or bump into them, but this
lady just drags (apparently) the poor ferret hither and yon, caring
nothing for what may happen to them.  Combine this with the fact that
ferrets have very sensitive noses (buy PUFFS, ya goobers!) and that he
could really feel some pain with collisions like those shown, and you
can begin to see just how thoughtless the people responsible for this
movie really are.

In my humble opinion (given to me directly from my ferrets!), I think
that the ferret was probably just fine, but was poorly written by those
responsible.  But remember, these are the same people who don't bother
to so how computers are really used, who show a cop car careening around
a corner and losing it's spinner light, but the very next shot shows the
light back in place, etc.

They think we are all really stupid and don't know any better...much like
politicians think of us! :)  After all, we were dumb enough to pay to see
the movie, then buy the video (just like we were dumb enough to elect
some of those politicians!), so we must not know what we are doing.

Todd and the Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns!

---
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.netconex.com/toddl/page2/