From:
Joyce Meadows <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 1996 13:01:13 -0600
Seth has another "trick" which he taught himself:

A couple of months ago, he and I were sitting on my bed.  i was eating
Raisinettes and sharing tiny bits of raisin with him.  I have bunk beds, and
the one above me is held up by thick wire-type stuff...I'm not sure how to
describe it..  but anyway, I stuck the end of the bag between one of these
wires and the matress above me.  The bag hung down, but it was a small bag -
maybe 6 inches long - and I thought nothing of it.

I got up and tended to whatever else I was doing.  After a minute I turned
around to see Seth leap into the air, trying to get the bag.  He was doing
some pretty spectacular jumps, but was still a few inches short.

To see what he would do, I lay down on the bed.  He immediately stepped onto
my stomach and jumped again.  After a few tries (oh, the feeling of ferret
claws landing on your neck!), he managed to grab the bag with his teeth.  (I
took it away, of course, but did let him have a raisin.)

Since I'm in the habit of sticking things between the wires and the matress,
he's gotten a couple more bites of candy at various times.  One night I woke
up when he started jumping off of me to reach a bag of Twizzlers I'd stuck
up there.  Every once in a while, he'll just make a few "scouting" jumps to
see if anything good is there.

How could anyone not love these little guys?

-joyce (So I'm a trampoline now, huh?)
-Seth, also known as Air Ferret (it aint the shoes)
-Emma (seth never shares)