From:
Duane Watts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 17:28:20 -0700
Hi all, my wife and I have our name and number at the local pet shop for
those looking to give up their ferret to a good home.  This lady gives
us a call a couple of months ago.  She says she bought a second ferret
(Chance) to keep her first one (Chester) company but they just did not
get along well.  She thought of having Chance put to sleep then she found
out about us.

So we picked up Chance, a big, cuddly, very lovable sable boy of one year
old.  We told this lady that to put Chance to sleep was an unthinkable
crime and we would be glad to give him a good life.

Anyhow, we got a call from the same lady yesterday.  She said she was
trying to get her marriage back together but the other ferret had to go.
She had called the vet to find out how much it would cost to have this
one (Chester) put to sleep.  The vet said $80.00 so she called us again.
Now I really wanted to shake some sense into this dingbat, but I though
better of it.

We got Chester, a one and a half year silver male, and placed him with a
friend of ours and he is getting along great with their two female
ferrets.

Now we have not been around as long as some of the folks on the FML so
I am wondering if you find a lot of people who seem think pets are
disposable?  I just hope this lady never buys another pet of any kind,
ever.

Duane

Duane & Linda Watts and the fuzzies
Podo, Spooky, Dozier, Taz, Suger, Romeo,
Skeeter, Scooter, Blaze, Chance, Ann,
Cocoa, Sarah, Gidget, Sandi, Raven, Jasmin,
Daisy,Bennie,Rascal,
And Sabrina (our Dog)
Missing: Bandit, Mindy, and Mandy