Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 11:44:54 -0500
A month ago I posted about my ferret DaVinci who has suspected lymphoma
(neck and hind leg lymph nodes feel enlarged, 5 yr.  old male - acting
normal for his age ) I was faced with two options - excise a node and hear
the worst( Vet thought this was wasted money ) or put him on Prednisone (2.5
mg 2x a day).  He has been on Pred for 11 days with no reduction in his
lymph nodes at all.

The question is - does the pred reduce the lymph nodes in cases of cancer -
but not in cases of infection - or does DaVinci not respond to the pred
because his lymphoma may be advanced?  Should I keep him on it?

On the kind advice given to me by fellow FMLers, I started to check his
general condition and think he may have some sort of digestive problem - he
eats Iams kitten chow - alot of it - about 3 handfulls a day (always has) -
he leaves alot of it behind in his litter box.  His stools are grainy and
light brown in color - more often than not.  He also has slightly bad
breath.  Instead of putting DaVinci through a node excision is it a good
idea to change his food and put him on atibiotics to see if that helps????
Sorry for the bandwidth - but he is my pal ....

Mark