Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 07:24:10 -0400
>Sirron~Sir" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret confiscated in Hazel Park Michigan
>
>Why didn't any one in Michigan do something TO SAVE THE FERRETS from
>Hazel Park, Michigan...

The two ferrets that were confiscated in the raid on the Hazel Park home
were taken to the Rochester Hills Humane Society that evening.  Upon
arrival they were evaluated and deemed ill.  Supposedly, they were both
adrenal and malnourished.  The supervisor chose to have them euthanized
right then and there.  They were not even held overnight.

I, personally, called the Detroit Humane Society, the Rochester Hills
Humane Society, Oakland County animal control (Pontiac and the other),
the Hazel Park police and the officer in charge of the case.  I received
the call at 2:45 p.m., Friday, informing me of the fate of the two
ferrets.  The lady that called me was very apologetic.  She knows that
we will take in all ferrets (biters, ill and old).  She was not there to
prevent the euthanizing of these two little ones.

If the ferrets would have been held overnight, I assure you they would
have come here, ill or not.  You accusation that the people here in
Michigan did NOTHING is unfounded and based on your speculation.
EVERYTHING that could have been done, WAS DONE!

Sincerely,
Mary
http://www.mkaresq.com