From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 18:14:15 -0400
Dear Ferret Friends

It is with a sad heart that I tell you, June's Angel, NJ Rescue No. 19,
died today, Tuesday.  She was not, sick, but I suspected she may have
been adrenal.  She would lose hair in one spot, then grow it back.  Then
lose it in another spot, then grow it back.

She ate last night, but not this morning.  She was having trouble getting
into her favorite hammock with the pocket in the middle.  I put it down
on the floor of her cage and she crawled in to it.  She dooked once, and
left for the bridge.

I never get used to losing them, I cannot bury her today, BUT, I will
tomorrow.  I have a place in my yard, over by the fence between two trees
that is never cut.  It is a wild place, with Lambs Quarters and Jewel
Weed.  I call it Ferrets Keep, and I will bury her there tomorrow, I
cannot face that today.

I like to think I gave her a few years of quality life.  She was my cover
ferret for some of my FML cards, and I loved her, as I do them all.  She
will lie beneath the over grown ground, and at last, her little heart
will be wild and free.

Marilyn at Ledoux Hospice.