From:
Milliesa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Oct 2011 11:40:55 -0500
A lot of people have asked about being on the giving tree and some
years we have. Although we usually are 80 to 100 ferrets at a time
here, we have been VERY lucky in being able to take care of our own,
thus we don't go for a lot of the grants that are available or the
giving tree in order there will be more opportunity of the needier
rescue groups. We think the tree is a grand idea.

Don't get me wrong, its not as if we don't appreciate and LOVE what we
have been given but this is our way of giving back. I feel SO GUILTY
that 2 years ago we received a box of the Easter eggs and a box of
crochet pouches. It was terrific and not just a few either. I wrote
thank you cards and then went to take pictures of the ferrets using
them. Long story short, I got busy and when ferrets were out using them
or sleeping in them, I either didn't get the picture, or took them with
others and didn't copy them or whatever. The cards got shoved aside,
then discovered then aside again and here it is almost 2 years later
and those thank you cards never got sent. I am truly ashamed, no matter
how busy anyone is, there is no excuse for not recognizing and thanking
people for what they took the time, effort and expense to do. And do
we ever love those things - they normally don't go to our shelter kids
here but are given with the adoptions, especially Easter eggs. I owe a
very big apology ever.

So at this time, we too will see about picking a needy group from the
tree to give to and not put our own name on the tree to take away from
those who need more than we do. Hopefully, we will be blessed with good
management and our being watched over to be able to support our cause
where we can assist others.

Millie and the Texas Ferret Lovers Rescue
www.txferretrescue.org