From:
colburns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 13:40:41 -0500
Dear Ferret Folks-

About every other week I get asked for a picture of France the 'Fricken
Pigmy Hedgehog, and questions about HHogs in general.  I am happy to
oblige, but I don't have a lot of pictures of her, or HHogs at different
stages of their lives.  Well, yesterday Sukie posted the following link
http://www.cuteoverload.com/ If you go there and look on the left there
is a list of picture categories in a long box..  Click the second one to
the last, "Unusual Animals."  You will find some HHog pictures there, as
well as a link to a HHog Breeder in Massachusetts, Hamor Hollow.
http://www.hamorhollow.com/

Hamor Hollow has extensive photo galleries...baby HHoglets with Mom, the
different colors that HHogs come in, pics of their breeding stock.  Go to
the site, look in the box on the left.  I reccommend "Gallery" (although
they should be shot for violating the dignity of any self-respecting HHog
by making it dress up in a little green St.  Paddy's day tophat.  Just
look at that HHog's expression, it says it all!) "Links" also brings you
to a bunch of good sites.  I especially reccomend "Links" because the
Hamor Hollow website can be slow and cranky, in my experience.  The Links
make for great surfing.

I get asked about why I love HHogs so much. It's difficult to explain.
They do not love hoomins, are fiercely independant, and will not suck
up to anyone, ever.  They live on their terms, period.  I admire that
in a companion animal.  They are also cute beyond all reason.  Winston
Churchill wrote something to the effect that a dog will look up to you,
a cat will look down on you, a pig will look you in the eye.  Lemme
tell ya, a HHog will look you in the eye and let you know that he is
*disgusted* by what he sees!  It's a good reality check, somehow.

Alexandra in MA