From:
Jerry Jackowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 11:42:01 -0800
Hey Folks!

What a joke!  Maybe I missed it!  Did Fox have some other informative show
on ferrets?  Don't get me wrong any publicity is better than none at all.
I'd say it's a toss up on which was shorter, CBS coverage of an actual
olympic event or Fox's Pet News on "Showing your Ferret".

I do have an idea though.  If you would like to get good ferret information
to the public, via television.  Try checking out your local cable providers.
I think they are required to provide a means for public expression.
Something called a "Publics Access Channel".  I've done some checking and to
join our PAC (Dayton,Ohio)it cost $20 (one years membership) for a city
resident(http://www.datv.org/).  You take a basic class (which they provide)
to learn how to use the equipment and produce your own show.  They provide
the studio, video equipment, editing equipment and the means.  One major
rule "No commercial or promotional information allowed".  But you can do on
site programs and thank people (Hint).  You can be certain that it will get
plenty of air time.  Another nice thing is that you can pass this program to
other PAC's out side your area.  You can maintain and keep all of your own
program tapes.  What a plan!

Anybody in the Dayton, Ohio interested email me.

God Bless
Jerry