From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 23:53:57 -0500
Greetings!!

Well, I am totally speechless.  I couldn't believe what I read yesterday
in the email.  I thought I was hallucinating from being tired.  I read
it again today.

I have four fuzzies going in for surgery next week, what a blessing.

Things the last half of this year have really been rough.  The biggest
thing I fear is the shelter closing.  That scares me to death.  What
would the fuzzies in this area do?  Who would take on the old timers?

I guess right now is a good time for reflection.

You see, pride is something that can be good, like taking pride in your
work.  It can also can be devastating, like when pride gets in your way
of asking for help.  I am afraid I suffer from the later.  It really
isn't that I don't like asking, well maybe it is, but I also know that
there are other shelters out there that need help too.  That is one
reason I always hop up on the soap box and talk about volunteering,
doing paper work, clipping nails or the such at a shelter.  Every little
bit helps more than most people realize.

But I have also discovered something, there are some wonderful people
out there, people who care, even though they don't know me, or the
ferrets living here at the shelter, all they know is the ferrets need
their help and they do.

I have friends I have never met, and some that I have, and they all love
the fur angels.  I have friends that I can call or email to cry on their
shoulders, and whine I am tired, and I dislike humanity, and they listen
with a gentle ear, and give me words of encouragement.  I have friends
that can read about the ceiling dripping with water, and laugh with me
at my antics.

I can never express how wonderful it feels to know people who care.  I
can never express the gratitude for the help the shelter has gotten.
Thank you just pales to what should be said.

Each day I thank God for people that love their fuzzies, and are willing
to go above and beyond for shelters.  I am so grateful to have friends
like Judith, Ela, Georgia, Kat, Ron, Bev, Missy, Jamie, Diane, Jane,
Lana, Jeff, and everyone else.  Thank you all.

And Big, thanks for keeping this list going, even though it is a tough
job and there are times we can all act like spoiled brats.

Have a great year in 2002 everyone, but don't get too happy on New
Year's Eve.  (Yep, I am working)  And may all of your ferrets use the
litter box or paper 95% of the time.  (Well they just wouldn't be
ferrets if they used it 100%)

Jean
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter
Rescue*Rehab*Educate*Adopt