From:
"Anna M. Adam" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 1997 23:00:41 +0000
If you've heard this a thousand times before, I apologize, but please bear
with me.  For quite some time now I have been collecting information for the
Ferret Name List.  This list is exactly what it sounds like... a list of
names people have chosen (or have had chosen for them) for their ferrets.
This list was started mostly to satisfy my own curiosity at the cute and
creative names ppl have for their ferrets.  I posted on the Ferret Mailing
List and the ferret newsgroup asking for people to mail me a list of their
ferrets' names and how they chose those names.  I was quite overwhelmed by
the response.  I think the first factoids list I posted of the results had
less than 500 names.  Now there are just short of 3000!  I've had a lot of
fun with this list, and I hope others are enjoying it as well.  The last
update I posted of this list was back in May.  From now on, I will try to
post an update once a month, provided at least 100 ferrets have been added.

So, if you haven't already added your ferret, check out:
http://www.texramp.net/~ahn/addferret.html
and if you want to check out information on the list, or want to know
how to get a copy:
http://www.texramp.net/~ahn/ferretlist.html
Thanks for your participation!!

Anna and the crew

[Moderator's note: The updated ferret names list will be on this server
shortly.  BIG]