From:
"Mary R. Shefferman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 09:15:23 -0400
>Minta Taylor <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew of _anything_ that could remove
>cat urine smell from carpeting?  I am aware I am asking something that
>is probably impossible, but I thought it worth a try...

You could cut it out. :o)  Seriously though, cat urine is a permanent
marker.  You can try Nature's Miracle or Odo-Ban (I don't know if the
latter is a professional product), but speaking from my father's
expertise (about 45 years in the carpet business), cat stains don't
come out.  You could try a good steam-cleaning (maybe even spring for
a professional cleaning, since the big truck-mounted machines are more
powerful), with a professional enzyme treatment, but the problem is the
urine is a powerful marker and it gets into the carpet padding and even
the floor beneath.

--Mary & the Fuzzies

Mary R. Shefferman, Editor, Modern Ferret Magazine
Trixie, Koosh, & Gabby, The Modern Ferrets
Read my blog --
http://www.modernferretblog.com/mary