From:
Fred A Hurd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2006 15:02:07 EDT
>Does anyone know of any other ferret lists that may be more what I'm
>looking for?...
>
>Tonya and my two ferrets Neo and Shelby.

Tonya

First of all this is the best ferret related list going.  Yeah I know it
gets outta hand a bit BUT this is a free country and yes even tho I skim
over the not so related posts all the folks here are after all in it for
the Ferrets.  Now there are other lists out there and they too have some
NFR (Non Ferret Related) posts it all boils down to ferrets in the end.
You have to kinda separate the chaff from the wheat on any item posts.

Now I am on about three other lists as well as the FML.  Some of the post
here are posted on them as well.  We are like any family Tonya.  We
argue, we bicker and yes we do call names at times BUT we are in it for
the ferrets.  You just have to go thru the posts and if there is
something that turns you off about it then pass it bye.  Most of the time
if you see the NFR or off topic posts it is about our family.  We are a
very diverse family to be sure but we are family none the same and what
makes us family is them waskly weezels that we all love so much.  That is
also what makes us all special.  Some a bit more than others but still
special.

Hope you stay on board awhile longer until you get the idea of how we
operate.  Alos have you gotten the book Ferrets For Dummies yet by Kim
Shilling.  DO NO BE PUT OFF BY THETITLE.  It doesn't mean you are a dummy
to read the book it is just one of the ...For Dummy books out there and
it is a giant of a book about ferret care and well being.  I have it and
yes I read it and yes I follow it as well even tho most of it is old hat
to me as I have been around ferrets for about 12 years now BUT I can
still be taught a thing or three..LOL.

Best to all

Fred Hurd
Reno Ferret Rescue.