Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 08:42:22 -0400
I have had two of my fuzzies to the vet twice in the last month and I would
like some opinions of his treatment (which does not seem to be helping).

My Marley (male 6 1/2 years) got the runs, lethargic, and throwing up a
little.

I took him to the vet and he gave him Emoxi-drops and said to force feed
him chicken baby food twice a day.  Also Nutri-cal and Laxitone.

He got better and was doing well until the ten days was up to quit the
Emoxi-drops and then he went downhill again and my little girl Ella
seemed to catch it.

I took them both in and Marley had a blood test which turned out to be ok,
and the vet prescribed Emoxi and forced feeding for both plus Prednisolone
for Marley.

It has been almost ten days (whoich is when I am supposed to quit the
Emoxi) and they do not seem to be a lot better.

Ella is so skinny that I can feel all her bones and all they do is lay
around and Ella still has the runs.

Any ideas?  I cannot find another vet in the area that sees ferrets.

Thanks for any info.
Marley, Ella, and Sassys Daddy Dave