From:
Lolita and Cleo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 1996 20:12:42 -0600
I am Lolita and this is Cleo(patra).  We are 2 albino ferrets.  Our first
owner was a young person who lived in a military dormitory.  He did love us,
but because he wasn't suppose to have any animals in his living area, we
were kept in a closet.  Then he realized his error and found us another
better home.

Jim and Melissa took us in and cared for us.  Nourished us both back to
health and showered us with more love than we knew.  Sad to say, this
military stuff Jim's job, took more time than he liked.  But he cared for
us.  He didn't want us to be caged up all the time.  He put a 3 x 5 card at
a place where pet supplies are sold but not pets.  A real good type place.
The card sat in the "wanted" window area for a long ferret time.  Then it
happened a lady ferret lover went to this store for some supplies and also
to meet another lady ferret lover to have lunch with.  Anyway, the first
lady on her way out of the store saw Jim's adopt card.  She took it home and
called him.  The story has a Mona Lisa ending.  We are very happy.  Jim and
Melissa are happy because we are.  But they are sad cause we aren't there
for them.

The lady, whose house we now live in has told them, Jim and Melissa, she is
only taking care of us, not owning us.  Horray for her.  She told them to
visit us.  We sure hope they do.  Yes, ferrets there is a real thing called
the Christmas spirit.  Only 2 loving hearts would break and cry so that we
would be happier than their hearts.

Thank you, James and Melissa L.