From:
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 2004 10:46:26 -0400
Hello my dear friends!  it's going to be a bit of a crazy week at the
shelter.  Last week was a bit quiet but coming up we've got a LOT of
ferrets going to the vet!

The shelter took in two sweeties this week.  Max (formerly Maxi, but
that's a girl's name!) is a sweet boy who is about 5 years old.  He has
an under bite and his little bottom teeth stick WAY out!  He reminds
mommie of Buck, a kid from the shelter years ago.  His sister is Chloe,
a sweet 5 year old.  Both kids are real thin with poor coats and Chloe
has Adrenal Disease.  Max is very nervous but settles in when he gets
cuddles from the volunteers.  Chloe is weak but curious.

Little Clute is going into the vet for shots this week as is Reggie.  On
the same evening, Dazzle will see the vet too.  Auntie Bonnie was playing
with her and found 2 small lumps on either side of Dazzle's jaw.  we're
all hoping it is nothing serious.  Our big boy Sorin will also see the
vet on the same night.  He's been backing up to pee with nothing coming
out.  Hoping it's not Adrenal Disease!

Starling is doing much better in her foster home thanks to the love of
auntie Sandy and uncle Mark.  She's eating like a horse and her hair is
growing back!  Barbie and Ken are getting ready to go home in a couple
of weeks too.  i'm sure auntie Olympia will miss them but their foster
mommie will be glad to have them home.

Darwena is doing a little better.  Auntie Paige thinks she was just very
stressed out at the shelter.  She is looking for a foster home.

SPECIAL NOTE to Ferret Angels; thank you for the very kind words you
sent to my mommie.  You have no idea how nice it made her feel and how
much she needed to hear them.  i think you have renewed her faith in
hoomans again!

my love to all! Harley "Bug"

The Ferret Aid Society "For the Love of our Fuzzy Friends"
<http://www.ferretaid.org/>