From:
"~*Jules*~" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Oct 2004 12:24:09 -0400
Hey All!
Just Kidding about the Rogaine thing, but My older Ferret (3yrs) Julliet
seems to have some thinning hair on her back (around the shoulderblades)
and tummy.  It is fall and temperatures are cooling, so could this be due
to shedding and coat changing???  I'm not seeing bald skin, but it feels
almost kind of wirey and a bit rough and it looks as if some of the upper
gaurd hair part of the coat has fallen out.  I've heard of ferrets
molting ..  er... shedding..  etc.  But I haven't ever noticed it before
so it's a new experience for me.  The fur on her lower back and rump and
base of tail is as soft and full as ever, so I wasn't concerned that it
was adrenal.  Has anyone else had a ferret shed like this?

- Jules
+ Romeo & Julliet (who's looking in the mirror and having fits, begging
  me to buy FuroSalon Full & Thick shampoo for her LOL)