From:
Sheila Garland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 19:52:32 -0600
To all,

I posted the message regarding Marshall Farms.  I thank you to all who
emailed me with their thoughts and opinions.  I would like to clarify the
intent of my message.  I did not intend to reopen the debate of whether
it is morally or ethically right to test on animals.  My purpose was to
educate people on who Marshall Farms is and what they support.  With this
education, I hoped that people would make the choice, depending on what
they believe, on whether they would like to patronize Marshall Farms.
Marshall Farms have many products specifically designed for ferrets that
can be found at your local pet store, not to mention ferrets themselves.
Someone who is opposed to animal testing might unintentionally purchase a
Marshall product or ferret, thereby supporting Marshall Farms, if they do
not have the knowledge to make an informed decision.  The final decision
is a personal one.

Sheila Garland

"What is it that should trace the insuperable line? ...The question is
not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer?"
Jeremy Bentham, philosopher