Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:00:08 -0700
OK, I just can't hold it in any longer... please allow a quick vent and
then I'll be back to my normal cheery, blessed and happy self, I promise!

Just finished reading Roberta Page's post about the new ferret firl she
was given by a school teacher - maybe I'm really missing something here
but I'm absolutely PERPLEXED at how a school teacher can have ferrets in
her classroom for TWO YEARS and never learn how to care for them?????
And not even NAME the ferrets, either????

>She was in bad need of a bath and ear cleaning ... Nancy was trying hard
>but she does not know much about ferrets.

Can you say INTERNET???????  How can you have ferrets in a classroom for
TWO YEARS and not know anything about them ????  She's a TEACHER!!!!
What was she teaching her students - ANIMAL NEGLECT????

I guess I will just NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, EVER understand how humans can
be so neglectful of another living creature, esp. in this day and age we
live in where knowledge is just a mouse click away!  OK, if you dont'
have internet access - fine.  You can STILL go to a local library or pet
store and get at least BASIC information on BASIC pet care.  Geez, I
spent SIX MONTHS researching ferrets before I adopted mine and there is
a BAZILLION places to look!

>Feeding 8-in-1 from Walmart... Offered me a cage but you could tell it
>had been outside too long, rusted.  Also it was one of those wire ones
>that are not good for their little feet.

Where WERE these kiddos being kept?????  Outside????  I thought the
ferrets were in the classroom??  I'm confused!  Oh, how that wire must
have hurt those fuzzies' poor little tiny feet!!!!  What's the matter
with this woman (or any of the other teachers) - can you not see how
that kind of wire could hurt and damage those little paws ???  OMG!!!

>She does have some sores on her back, hoping that it is just from being
>outside and the fact that there was cedar chips in the bottom of the cage

HELLO!!!!  Didn't the sores signify that something was wrong and
necessitated a vet visit?????  And CEDAR CHIPS ???  WHy would someone
want a ferret smell like a TREE rather than an actual ferret????????
AAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!

ANYWAY, it sounds like Roberta's story had a happy ending and I'm SOOO
happy to hear that this little girl is now is such better hands
(literally) than this school teacher!!!!  I hope the fuzzie can now have
some reasonable chance at a good, healthy life!!

OK, I'm done - I promise!  And to anyone that makes fun of me for 'going
overboard' with my ferrets and jokes about the ways I spoil them - I
say, "WHY NOT?"  Why shouldn't they get to enjoy the "good life?"
Animals deserve just as much a fighting chance at a good life like
anyone/anything else and I guarantee you I will weep more for my fuzzies
when they cross to the bridge than I will for many other humans I know,
including those in my own family!

So that's my rant-and-rave.  Thanks for listening (reading).  Flame me
all ya' want - BRING IT ON I say! :-P  I'm not passing judgment on Nancy
or anyone else for that matter - I'm just holding someone accountable for
their responsibilities!  When did that become wrong?

And Roberta - THANKS A MILLION for saving that little baby!  I wish you
and your new fuzzie much joy and love and may she be a special delight!

Jennifer with the new "FAB FOUR" Sasha & Snowball, Snowflake & Jack (the
newest fosters)