Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:54:28 -0400
Greetings to all the ferrety-fuzzbutt lovers!

Well......MoJo's big debute was on Friday. We went to Doc Lev - and he
gave MoJo the experimental implant that we got from Australia. This
implant needle was HUGE - and I had to leave the room because I was
afraid I'd start crying.....(*what am wimp I am*). The bore needle was
the size of a coffee straw, and left a pretty good puncture. However -
it has sealed up quite nicely and Moj doesn't seem any worse for the
wear from it......**thank you Lord**....

Currently, MoJo has fur from his shoulders up. He looks like someone
dunked him in fur up to his shoulders.......this growth was from the
Lupron shot - that failed to cover him completely. He's naked as the
day he was born from the shoulders down however. We've taken "before"
and will take "after" pic's and I will post them somewhere where folks
can see how it works.

Please keep your fingers and toes crossed for him. With the melatonin
and Lupron not working - this seems to be our only next logical choice,
as he is too old for surgery. The cost of the implant was slightly less
than what it costs for the Lupron shots, but still kind of expensive.
$105.00 - but if it works - then this costs means absolutely NOTHING
to me! We're told that this implant also can last up to a year and
better......and I am praying that it does. Currently this implant is
NOT approved by our FDA. Doc informed me that this was actually an
implant made for the hooman race (can't remember what for
though....sorry). They began using it in Australia and some European
countries on ferrets around 2 to 3 years ago - and have had HUGE
success's with it. If we can keep documenting when this is used, and
how well it works, our case before the FDA will become stronger and
hopefully, we won't have to play around with getting it here in the
United States.

Keep my little one in your prayer's all, please and thank you!

Many ferret hugs From The Land of Enchantment,

Kim and Her Army of idiots, missing Helena, Ricky, Zeus & Artie.....
still lucky enough to have: MoJoMan, Theopolis, Dart and Isolde......