From:
Michele Fitzgerald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 17:49:31 -0400
Hello everyone.  I'm looking for old friends and new, because I've had to
start all over again with my love of ferrets and my love of the comaraderie
and friendship shared by all of us here on the internet.  Like Dawn, three
years ago I had to move from NJ to LA and due to severe financial pressures
(among other things)  I had to close my shelter there and sadly adopt out
not only my rescue babies but most of my own.  It's one of the hardest
things I ever had to do.  I took two of my kids with me to Louisiana, but
things just went from bad to worse there and I ended up having to move to
MA to stay with my sister until I could get back on my feet.  I left my two
little babies in a very great home down there, hoping to eventually have
them shipped here, but, horribly, the daughter of my friend put them
outside in there cage for some fresh air and they died of heat exhaustion.
She had them in the shade but the sun moved.... It's difficult to talk
about even now.  My husband and I are on our feet now, and over the past
year I have adopted or personally rescued all seven of our new kids.  I
still have so much grief and guilt over what happened that I feel at least
now I can give the "unwanted" ones a second chance too.

I just started on the FML today, but I want to thank the person who
responded to the letter written to Dawn slamming her about her decision to
find homes for her guys.  It's the best to do if you cannot have the time
and energy and love to give these little guys.  Dawn, good luck finding
loving homes for all of your kids, I'm sure that you will always carry your
love for ferrets with you, and some day when your circumstances are better,
there will be another fuzzy (or more) who will know this and find you.
Sometimes I think the ones we have loved and watched are little guardian
angels up there...helping new ones find there way to our doorstep.  I would
like to put a HI!  out to anyone from the Ooold prodigy group...I still
miss all of you.

PS Joe and I just got married in June so my name has changed--used to be
Bolton.  I used to be such an addict for this so we'll see now that I have
a laptop if I am still as bad with this as I am at picking up stray
ferrets!:)

For now,
Michele & the fuzzy seven
Colin, Figrowan, Whitney, Murphy, Nicholas, Ralph, & Sarah