From:
Karen Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 2004 16:50:08 -0500
I am back from the hiatus I took a month or so back.  I had not planned
on being away from my sewing machine as long as I was but something
things just don't go as planned.  While recovering from surgery and
post-surgical infection, I had time to work on some new designs and I
am happy to announce new items added to my bedding line.

Another announcement I would like to make, hubby and I have opened our
home and hearts to become a ferret rescue and not just ferret parents.
We are currently caring for a total of 20 fuzzies; 9 of those being
rescues we did in just one year.  In southern Indiana where we live there
is very much a shortage of rescue resources.  It is not all that uncommon
for ferrets going into shelters to be put down right away after arrival,
there are so few homes available willing to take them.  I am also happy
to say there is a brand new ferret group starting in the Evansville IN
area and I plan on being an active member.

Since becoming a rescue that means I have increased my design and bedding
production even more if we plan on being a success in taking in rescues,
providing medical care, much needed surgeries, and feeding them.  I hope
to be able to refrain from asking for out-and-out donations, I hope to be
able to totally finance our rescue solely on bedding proceeds.  Ferret
bedding is something everyone needs and all I ask is that people take a
look at my bedding and consider buying.  It is a wonderful arrangement
for the buyer; they will be getting high-quality bedding and the ferrets
at Lighthouse Ferret Bedding and Rescue will also benefit, it is a
win-win situation for all involved.  I will be trying to keep bedding on
Ebay at all times but it can always be found on my web site and I will
be adding new things all the time so if you don't see just exactly what
you want on Ebay, check my web site.  Special orders are one of my
specialties so if you need something in a certain size, don't hesitate
to contact me.

On my web site you will find my famous patchwork-quilt hammies, sleep
sacs, split-top hammies, Foamy Fries, Cheweasels, and my crochet Easter
eggs.  For anyone who has purchased my bedding, you are familiar with the
high-quality that I put into every item I make.

And as always if anyone orders bedding for a shelter, I will
automatically discount 10% of the purchase price and I will pay the
shipping for the item, all you need to do is give me the address where
the bedding is to be shipped and I will handle the rest including a
card to let the shelter know who purchased the bedding for them.

There are so many ferrets out there that need our help along with the
many many shelters who also need our help.  If we all work together and
we all give just a little, think of the great work we can do, after all,
it is for the ferrets that we are here.

http://www.lighthouseferrets.com