From:
Elizabeth Watt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 27 Mar 1994 17:50:00 -0500
Our names are Me, Max, Benn, and Bear.  We would like to subscribe to the
Ferret Mailing List and so would Mama and Daddy.  We heard about you
from a posting on the Rec.Pets Newsgroup.  We understand that you like
to be introduced to new subscribers so, here goes.

In 1991 Daddy brought Me & Max to live with him and Mama as a belated
birthday present for Mama.  Belated because they did their research first
and knew that we were what they wanted.  We (Me & Max) had lived with some
people who didn't and they didn't want us anymore.  They said we were
about two years old and we had lived mostly in a rabbit cage.  Poor Max (who
was supposed to be male) went into heat just after we moved in.  Mama got
her fixed right away.  Soon we had the run of the apartment and Mama and
Daddy were hooked on the joy of ferrets.

In 1992, Mama met Pegge, the president of the Ottawa Ferret Association, a
loose group which fosters and finds homes for orphan ferrets.  Mama
started fostering right away.  Benn and his sister Cookie were the second
foster pair, they stayed.  Cookie died in November 1993, we still miss her
very much.

After Cookie died, Benn needed a new pal to play with.  Benn is a large
male (about 3-3/4lbs) and Me is a small female (about 1lb).  Max is
bigger, but she's a grouch.  Bear ferret (a male) came to be Benn's playmate.
It's only a month now, hopefully, we'll all get along soon.  Bear is a little
rough, but Mefie is teaching him manners.

So, that's our family:  Me, Max, Benn, Bear, Mama (Elizabeth) and Daddy
(James).  We look forward to hearing from you soon.

P.S. Mama would like to point out just one thing.  She has yet to give a name
to a ferret.  They all come with names and she doesn't think it's fair to
change them.  Thus Me is still Me, or Mefie which is less confusing.  (You
try having a personal pronoun for a name, it drives people crazy).

--
Elizabeth Watt
Knitter, Spinner, Ferret lover, SLP, (in no particular order of importance)