From:
Stefania Zenuti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 10:01:35 EDT
Hello to everyone!  I've been reading FML posts for a week now and I am so
glad to have found this valuable resource.  I've had ferrets for ten years
now and I can't imagine ever being without one (which is probably why I
have seven!) Although I've been lucky to have had knowledgable vets both in
FL and in NY where I live now it is great to hear from other pet owners who
have as much of their heart invested in their fuzzies as I do.

I mentioned my seven babies.  Their names are Crusher, Bosco, Stoli, Gummi
Bear, Kiko, Angus, and Yager.  They span in age from about 3 years to 3
months old.  (I'm not sure about the two older ones - I bought them from a
pet store that just didn't know much about them.) Gummi Bear is my only
girl - my princess.

So here is my question.  I know I have four sables and one black eyed white
but I have never quite understood what category Kiko and Angus fit in.  The
descriptions of show standards just confuse me.

Kiko has a creamy white undercoat and dark grey guard hairs on his body
that go darker on the legs but his four paws are white.  His face has the
same mask as my sable only grey not brown.  Does this make him silver?  Do
mitts refer to feet?

Angus is much the same with some brown guard hairs mixed in with grey but
his mask is not defined as clearly and he has two white splotches on his
head and the tip of his tail is white too.  So what the heck is he?
(Besides the cutest bundle of energy!) I should also mention he is about 4
months old so he may change.

Thanks for any info in advance and again, I'm so glad to have found you!

Stef,
the Magnificent Seven,
and Methos (I'm a husky, not a ferret - but still cute!)