From:
Katie Arthur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 22:00:34 EDT
Hi Everyone!!  First I want to say thank you to everyone who responded to
my first post about Shilo's surgery.  I brought her home from the vet this
evening.  I wasn't prepared for the 4-inch incision!!  She's still pretty
much out of it from anaesthesia and pain meds.  I've manage to get her to
take about a teaspoon of duck soup and she's kept that down just fine, I
haven't gotten her to take any water yet.  Just sent hubby to the store for
pedialyte and we'll try that in a little bit.  I'm not going to force too
much on her until she's more awake but would feel a little more comfortable
if I could get some fluid in her as I'm starting to worry about
dehydration.

We got lucky and they only had to take out the left adrenal.  Vet says
the shadow on the right one on the x-ray didn't turn out to be anything
significant on visual inspection with surgery.  I'm rejoicing on that
note!!  Also, her liver, pancreas, etc. all looked fine too.

Rocket is *concerned* and spent the day moping around looking for her.
We let him see her this evening, and he crawled into her carrier and
satisified himself that she was here.  We'll keep them separated for a
few days until she's more alert on her feet.

I'll keep you updated on her progress.  Thanks again for all your input and
advice!!

Katie, Shilo, Rocket, PepeCat, and PyperCat