From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 08:54:26 EST
I have a steadfast rule that toddlers and younger children may not hold my
ferrets.  Period.  Instead, I hold the ferret, and allow the toddler to
gently pet the ferrets rump area (I do not allow hands of strangers near
my ferrets faces for fear of disease transmission).  Furthermore, NO ONE
enters my ferret room without both my permission and general supervision.
That includes the friendliest bull mastiff in the entire world who would
gladly give up three days meals if he could just once play weasel war dance
with his little friends :-)

-Anne