From:
Lynlee Larson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 15:14:50 -0500
Hi all~

As you may or may not know, I went through some hard times a few months
back.  A short recap I lost my job in Feb, was unemployed and broke until
about June.  Jacquie (jumpingmouse) organised a collection fund for my
ferrets and sent them a TON of food and stuff, and once again I'd like
to send a big THANK YOU to each and every one of you who helped!  So,
back to the recap, I lost my car (repossessed due to non payment) in June
shortly after I got a job.  Worked out payment plans to get my balance
current and just last Monday, a week ago, I got another car!!!  YAY!!!
Now my payments are going down signifigantly and I will have some extra
money.  The first thing I thought about was my outstanding vet bill.

Here's my problem:

I called my vet to try to set up payment arrangements.  I have always
loved this vet because everyone there seems so nice and caring.  Well,
the lady I talked to today was very unfriendly and not helpful.  I asked
my balance and she told me $356.56.  I asked could I pay $20.00 a week
until I had it payed off.  She said no, it's going to collections very
soon.  I asked can I stop it from going to collections by making
payments?  She said no, not unless the balance is paid in full.  I asked
can I bring my ferrets in for vacs while I still have a balance?  She
said no not until it's paid in full.

Spike and Twinkles were due for vacs in August.  It is nearly September
and I just got the vehicle and am able to take them in.  I do not want
to try to find another vet, because I really like Dr. Niemann.  I don't
have the money to pay off the balance in full.  If it goes to collections
they will add more charges on, and take longer to pay it off.

Just in case I have to go to another vet....does anyone know of a good
ferret vet in the NW Indiana area?  Or (I know this is a longshot) is
there anyone that would be willing to loan me the money and let me pay
them $20.00 a week until it is paid off?  It would take 18 weeks to pay
it back; and I would try to make it less than that:)   We are making
bedding and selling it on Ebay again so all the money from that will go
towards it too.

I really would appreciate any advice you could offer!  I know one way
or another, everything will work out, but I could use some input on what
to do.

Thanks
Lynlee