From:
"POSEN, DAYNA (MAN)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 10:35:47 -0500
I have heard about the Morrison case and about the Oregon Shelter.  If I
had my way, these people that do horrible things to animals would have
the same done to them.  Put Morrison in a cage and allow her to die!
Wow, I have never wished harm on anybody before and I know what I just
said is low, but doesn't it make you mad.  A lot of people, including
myself, just don't know what we can do to crack down on animal abuse and
neglect.  I think the best way is to get informed and be a spy.  Check
out your local shelters and if you go on vacation, check those out to.
Snoop around behind the scenes to make sure that all animals are taken
care of to your standards.  Your standards are probably pretty high if
you are an FMLer.  A lot of shelters have off limit rooms with closed
doors.  Does it make you wonder what is behind it.  Take a look, the
worst that can happen is that someone sees you.  Make up an excuse, " Oh,
I didn't see this KEEP OUT sign, sorry." If you do find something minor,
educate the shelter and get them to change.  Keep pushing.

My local shelter, I suspect, is breeding cats to make money off the cute
kittens.  I noticed a cat that had been in the shelter for 6 months was
pregnant.  Of course I said something and now I think they lie and write
on the animals profile wrong dates and such.  At least they know I won't
go away and will always be snooping.  The ferrets they had once had a
wire cage, no litter box, no blankets, and no hammie.  I marched down
to the front desk, quizzed the shelter workers on the proper care of
ferrets( they all failed miserably) and told them how things were going
to be in regards to the ferrets.  I even made a brochure for employees to
refer to.  I also prompted them to turn over any and all ferrets to a
ferret shelter a half hour away.  My local shelter never has any ferret
more than a week now.

You can also be a spy around your neighborhood.  If you know of a friend
of a friend that you suspect is neglecting a pet, do something about it.
If a friend is abusing an animal, do something about it.  After all,
should you really be associating yourself with low lives that care
nothing about animals?  I really hope this gets some of you out there
spying.

=20

Love for ferrets and friends,

Dayna and Gonzo    [log in to unmask]