From:
Emily Classon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Dec 1996 11:11:13 -0500
Hi everyone.  Our little Mischief seems to be living up to his name every
day.

I was convinced that he wasn't using the litter box regularly and was
causing Nietra (our 3 year old) to have accidents as well.  I was watching
him the other day and found out what's really going on in there.  Mischief
gets into the box, flings out anything solid, and then rolls around in it
like a sandbox.  He's launching everything out into the other areas of the
cage which made it look like they're going in the wrong places.  Of course,
he gets pretty dirty and doesn't seem very interested in cleaning himself as
much as the older female.  Is that normal?  Do they learn to clean
themselves more as they get older?  She grooms him sometimes.

Any suggestions on how to get him to stop doing this?  I guess we should
feel good to know that he is going in the right spot.  He just wants it out
of his way afterward.

--Emily
Nietra:  "mommy, see how clean I am..."
Mischief:  "if only i can find a way to get these things out of here
forever--then we'd have the best sandbox in the world!"