From:
Kathy Whitehead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 21:01:45 EST
I was given a new ferret today by someone who could no longer care for
him.  He is about 1 year and he is absolutely huge!  I have never seen
a ferret as overweight as he is.  He has been eating some sort of cat
food....I don't know what kind.  0 The previous owner brought the food
dish with some in it and I do not have the bag yet to even know what he
has been on.  It is a soft kibble of some sort.

He has never eaten ferret food before to my knowledge so I am offering
two kinds of ferret food that mine eat along with the cat food he is used
to for now.  He is so large he can barely fit inside the clear tube and
he certainly can't turn around in it.

He is also kind of clumsy, not nearly as agile as my other ferrets.
I know he will get a lot of exercise with my other ferrets but I am
wondering what else I can do to help him loose weight.  Anyone help
me figure out how to get him to safely loose weight?

Kathy