From:
Brad Laraway <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1993 11:09:22 -0500
> From: Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
> Date:   Sat, 18 Dec 1993 10:49:02 -0500
> Subject: Cat litter
>
> Hi all...just this morning I was reading the latest FML, and it seems
> there's something I should know about cat litter that I don't?  Anyway, it
> so happens I decided to try some of that cat litter that clumps together for
> the boys.  It is much finer then the stuff I used before, which was your
> run-of-the-mill litter.
> Tracy and the Ferre-Tones

        Header was deleted this is from John.

> respratory problems with cedar chips, but didn't mention anything about cat
> litter.

        I'm no expert on cat litters but I've heard of ferrets getting clumps
of that clumping litter stuck in their nose.  Someone on this list even
had to have a clump of litter surgicaly removed from their ferrets nose.

        I use a dust free litter, that is all natural.  None of this
purfumed stuff.  Shot ferrets pee and poop doesn't realy smell all that
much.  At least to me.  Maybe my nose is spent I don't know. :-)

> John

        Quick story.  I read awhile back of people putting their ferrets
down their shirts for stolls ect..  Well I tried this Saturday.  I had
Mako and Sebastian down my shirt and walked around the appartment to see
what would happen.  Well it worked so good I decided to go outside with
them. My neighbor must think I'm nuts.  Well Mako was great just stuck
his head out and was content.  On the other hand Sebastian wanted to get
down and play.  To make a long story short.  My chest looks like a
peace of ground beef.   And I did the ferret war dance in front of my
neighbor while yelling at my chest.  I don't think he saw that my ferrets
were in my shirt.  I'll stick with tossing them over my shoulder and walking
around.  At least till I can train them to stay in my shirt without pain
or blood shed.  It does keep your belly nice and warm on a cold winter day
though. "Cold to me is anything under 60 degrees."  I'm dreaming of green
Christmas.

        Hope you all have happy holidays, and a safe New Year.  Drive
carefull their's alot of jerks on the road this time of year.

        Brad, Mako and Sebastian "The Terrible"  :-) :-0