From:
AarrowRanch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2007 18:07:07 -0400
Twice a year I take the six foot tall, 3 1/2 foot wide, 1 1/2 foot deep
5 full level with 360 degree balcony cage outside for a major hosing
down and cleaning. I take all the hammocks out, wash them in soap and
Clorox, and clean self filling water bowls and the 'J' feeder with hot
water and Clorox.

This effectively sanitizes the cage. The litter box also is cleaned
with water and Clorox as well as the removable bottom floor where the
feeder and litter box is.

I was late this year and noticed a definite odor so this was a MUST to
do this weekend. RePete has a ton of 'out' time and has been using
other places than his litter box for personal business. I used to catch
him in the act, pick him up and place him in the litter box hoping he
would get the idea. I thought for sure he hadn't where he was using all
kinds of places around the house.

Today I found out how wrong I was! When it came to cleaning the litter
box I had to laugh thinking "Who let that moose loose in here and how
did he get into RePete's cage??".

RePete HAD been using his litter box and had really left a pile in
there! In fact, if a bull moose had seen that litter box he would have
been extremely impressed! (Is a guy thing).

Will have to be much more observant of his box and all. Good ole RePete
has been doing all he should have been. Such a good guy! Glad to have
him !!!

Gordon and RePete.

Rev. J. Gordon Bengtson
Aarrow Ranch Aviation