From:
Janice Underwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 1996 10:35:14 -0500
Hi all -

If there are any cartoonists out there, or other artists, you may want to
take a crack at this.  While checking buildings the other day, I found a
poster which is requesting the design of a trademark character.  and I quote
"searching for a character who is lovable, cute, small, smart but very
destructive" "epitomizes speed, works very quickly and concentrates on
completing his task." They want a character who is as distinctive as Sonic
the hedgehog or the little cartoon Roman in the LIttle Ceasars ads.  It is
apparently for a local tool company, so crittur must carry a recognizable
tool.

Somehow, when I was reading the poster, all I could think of was a ferret
who was absolutely bent on getting into the furniture or digging under the
ONLY door in the house it's not allowed through.  :)

Anyhow, if anyone is interesteed, submissions will be taken until March
31st, I believe.  If you want to know more, e-mail me directly, and I'll get
more details for you.  If you mail to the list, be sure to cc directly to
me.  It can take me two or three weeks to get around to reading some issues
these days due to a schedule which is out of control.

Janice Underwood                             Silk CGC [greyhound]
Schenectady, NY                            Kayla [sable ferret]
e-mail: [log in to unmask]      'Anaka Hina [albino ferret]