From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 16:09:55 -0500
I've posted a couple messages about my smuggling adventure and a few have
expressed an interest in what happened with Susan and the security guard
that eyed her "pregnancy" with suspicion.  I heard from Tom and Susan
today.

I was pretty far away from the action and I guess I didn't see what I
thought I saw.  I could have sworn the guard wanted to see under Susan's
maternity top, but that's not exactly what happened.  As previously
mentioned, the guard was suspicious about the way Susan was holding her
"belly" while Tom was going through the security check.

Tom says that the guard walked over and Susan told her that she was
pregnant with twins.  Well, there were two ferrets in there so it wasn't a
total lie. :-) The guard just wanted to touch her belly.  Apparently the
guard doesn't know what a pregnant woman's belly feels like or really
didn't care because after poking Susan's belly, she just walked away with
a smile.

When they boarded the plane, and just before it took off, Katy poked her
nose out of Susan's blouse and was spotted by a flight attendant!  They
were all about to be thrown off the plane, but they begged and pleaded with
the Captain and he allowed the ferrets to stay in the soft sided carrier
they had with them.  Whew!  Tom said that when they arrived in Honduras,
the Captain gave them another lecture, but they all made it safe and sound.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club and Rescue, Inc.
*
* Visit our shelter's web site: http://www.miamiferret.org
* Visit the Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/FHC