From:
Pie O' Pah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Mar 2011 21:19:30 -0400
Dear Sandi,

As I lay in my out door hammie this late afternoon, I will admit to
cloud watching with my newly arrived brothers Orson Snow & Mugzy. We
were counting all of the clouds which looked like fuzzits. There were
many, and I think the Big Guy did that as a favor to make things easier
on Orson and Mugs.

Even as we arrive, newly healed and full of life and the energy of
a kit, we still mourn the loss of you. We carry a piece of you with
us, and quietly count the days until you arrive, and even then - I
imagine - we still won't believe it even after you have arrived. I
also imagine that when my mum gets here, she will have faery wings
because - and this is a secret, she still believes in them - and she
will be healed too, and happy and pain free just like we are. So you
can see we have the very same hopes for you, as you have for us.

Love is an amazing thing, especially when it is given with no
conditions, and we fuzzits test every limit of those conditions,
and know that each time, you will just laugh and shake your head,
and share are silly antics with dear friends.

We do the same, we share our favourite memories, and of all the
naughty things we did, those are the things we dook over the most.

Hobbes was busy at the Couriers Office, so I was happily surprised when
our brother Tisha showed up with the scroll for Smoke's greeting. It
was a very long scroll you can imagine, so many wonderful fuzzits have
come into your life, and they have all been dearly loved, and have
loved - still love back. If I were to put your scroll to poem it would
begin like this.....

How do I love thee ferret, let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth of my warm, soft socks (X infinity)
Which I allow you to steal, because it pleases you so.
My soul can reach beneath the couch, into the hidey hole
In which you think I don't know exist, and extract the
Things which I need, and the things which have gone
Where no item has gone before,
and will go into the trash bin for good.
I love thee to the level of your graceful attempts
To catapult yourself over any barrier I place,
But not the barrier of my love,
This you may leap over time and time again.
I love thee freely, as every ferret parent will do.
I love thee purely, because there is no other way.
I love thee even if you've made a hole in the bottom of my best
< Insert name of furniture with the hole in it here >
I love thee even though I seem to loose my keys,
Remote control, Tampons, brick of butter, slippers,
Computer mouse, wallet, toilet brush, etc.
When ever you are around, yet not to be found.
With items lost I shall look upon it as a scavenger hunt,
But will still love thee with the breath I breathe,
While exhausting myself looking for those same lost items.
Smile, tears, of all of my life, and, if the Big Guy choose,
I shall but love thee better after you arrive at The Bridge.

It is with thee thoughts in mind that I did greet Smoke. What a
striking, handsome fuzzit he is, and with him I do add to the list
of those in my ledger who were also here to greet him ...

Athena, Zues, Merlin, Spanky Rose, Louie ville Slugger, Roise, Rascal,
Madaline, Noodles, Gizmo, Sugar Babe, Bucky, Ms Nancy, Mojo, Ophelia,
Lil Bit, Dino, Prizzy, Wolverine, Casper, Jersey, Charlie, Jewel,
Angelica, Princess, Karintha Child, Morgani, Serrindippity, Adi's
Fudge, and finally Smoke.

You loved and were loved, cherished and cherished in return, adored
and still adored, and one day, when the time is right, all of you will
be in a place of warmth and safety, never to be separated again.

In Love & In Comfort,

Pie O' Pah