From:
Publicity Chair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2008 20:57:51 -0700
When I first heard that the symposium would be in Pittsburgh, I was so
excited! Why? Well, I had such hopes that it would be an opportunity to
meet a wonderful and inspiring man I had recently heard speak. The man
is Randy Pausch and his interview with Diane Sawyer, as well as links
to that speech, can be found at http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/LastLecture.

Randy Pausch died a couple of weeks ago. He wrote a book from that
lecture. I highly recommend it. The book is The Last Lecture.

While Randy Pausch is no longer a Pittsburgh resident, he will never be
really gone. And, while you may not have the opportunity to meet him,
it is a wonderful opportunity to meet several people who love ferrets
as much as you. And, while the lectures may not be as long or as
inspirational as that of Randy Pausch, it is certain that they will be
informative and bring new insights into our knowledge. From Pittsburgh
area vet Ruth Heller to small breeder Danee DeVore, there is a slate of
knowledgable and experienced ferret people to enlighten and encourage
you.

Norman Schwarzkopf said that it doesn't take a hero to send people into
battle; it takes a hero to enter the trenches. Daily the members of the
ferret community voluntarily enter the trenches to battle disease and
death. They take on all the problems of the little ones entrusted to
their care. Hopefully the upcoming symposium will provide JUST what you
need to arm you for the battle. We know it will provide you with the
tools you need to make your little ones' lives better. Please join us!
You will be inspired!

--
Renee Downs

Join us in Pittsburgh
November 7-9, 2008

International Ferret Congress (http://www.ferretcongress.org)
Ferret Emergency Response, Rescue and Evacuation Team (F.E.R.R.E.T.)
(http://www.ferretemergency.org)