From:
Kristina Borgstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2008 11:04:26 -0800
His lymphoma continued to grow and invaded his chest cavity. He started
wheezing yesterday and could only make it 2 steps at a time before
speedbumping. I called Dr. Sulliban at Aloha and we agreed it was time.

Ivan is the second ferret I brought home. His cage mate Django,a sweet
tiny sable ,was brought home 5 months before we got Ivan. They both
came from a Petsmart in Dallas and are Marshal Farms. When we decided
to get Django a friend we immediately were drawn to the darkest little
boy. He looked like a little wolf bear creature. We looked at wolf
names in all the languages but decided he reminded us of those hats
Russians wear. So he became Ivan. He grew to lbs. in his first year
and did everything with Django, they became the best of friends.

We moved from Dallas to Vegas in Jan. of 07 and before we acquired
Fitch we had a scare when we arrived home after the movies and our
front door was wide open. Django had escaped but Ivan was fast asleep
in their room oblivious to the chaos. Django was found a few hours
later luckily.

Ivans demeanor was always serious. A little extra cautious at all
times. His favorite thing to do was lick twice your inner arm then
a little nip. It was always a source of laughter to take Ivan to my
husband sneakily and let Ivan lick, lick chomp his arm. Less than an
hour ago as I was holding him close at the vet he licked but didn't
chomp my inner arm. Ivan loved to eat especially cat food,chicken
Jerky treats and would sit up for some 'tone. We went through 2
bottles since Sat Oct.25th when we found his cancer.

My heart hurts so much. I haven't lost a pet since 97 when my cat Luuna
died in the street by a car. As I was saying my last goodbyes with lots
of kisses I asked Ivan to give Luuna a hug for me.

The vet lat me take some of his tail fur and I made a clay imprint of
his paw this morning. I chose to have him creamated privately and I'll
be looking for a special box to put my baby's ashes in.

Ivan is survived by his girlfriend Django as well as Fitch and Earl.
I'm gonna miss you my angel boy.

Bridge greeters: in Ivans backpack are lots of tone some chicken jerky
treats and a good ol' lick,lick ,chomp of some arm.

Kristina Borgstrom