From:
Melissa Little <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 12:23:52 -0500
I received a call on Monday from the local humane sociey.  They had a
ferret that needs a home.  I went there to check her out.  When we got
there we were floored by what we saw.  She looked awful.  We were told
that she had been left outside the gate of the humane society saturday
night.  No one was there but there just happened to be an emergency call.
When the people showed up to do the rescue they found the little ferret.

She was in a cage, I don't know the size.  The only thing I was told was
that it was full of roaches.  My husband and I brought her home and gave
her a bath, cut her nails and cleaned her nasty ears.  We only used 15 Q
tips.  She looks great now and smells better too.  The techs at the humane
society have no idea how to care for ferrets and cut one of her nails too
short.  She is a little skiddish, but is getting better.

I am keeping her in y home right now.  I am only allowed to have 4
ferrets, but the wonderful landlord made an exception for this one.  I am
looking for her a home where she will get lots of love and attention.  She
loves to play.  She gets along great with the cat, but then again the cat
thinks that she is a ferret too.

If anyone in Kentucky, Tennessee, or Indiana are looking for a sweet
female ferret and would love to take her in please contact me.  She is a
sable, with a faint blaze.  She has a bib and a few white toes.  As far as
we can tell she is not deaf.  The only thing we ask is that she is loved
and if you would like, make a contribution to the Henderson Humane Society
or a ferret shelter.

Melissa, Freckles, Popeye, Cinnie Buns, Eamonn, and Alice with Angel
looking for a good home